Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know how every once in a while you think about selling that Mustang?...then you know why you've kept so long. I've had my '69 fastback since '88 (Sally).During the last year she's given me a lot of trouble after 8 or 9 nearly trouble free years. She's been completely re-done at least twice. Well this last time it was the transmission and I couldn't get it right. Then the engine decided to follow suit. Finally this spring I got another local company (they do stock cars and dragsters as well as collectables etc.)to re-do the tranny and dyno the engine and she runs great now. The point is the otherday I had her on a paved secondary road here in Vermont. I was cruising with (almost) the road to myself and I got this feeling. I thought what is this feeling? It felt so good so familiar...sorta like sex but more mellow..afterglow? No!!! It was home. Something that never changes. The wife divorced, the kids grown up, the need to fight and adapt like Ali to do the same job that you've done for 25 years...But Sally!!! What a girl!! When she's running right and the weather is nice...it's 1969 the war's a long way off and there's only the future ahead and by G od it's going to be good!! The world is your Mustang and it's going to stay that way forever. How' that guys? Forever young and it only cost money and love.
Hawk

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
All you need is an 8-track of the songs that were playing on FM radio in the late 60's, early 70's. All of a sudden, you're 18 again. It's a marvelous thing when one of those moments occurs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yea, I have a lot of those days too. Wifeless, kids grown, my face and hands looking older like my fathers...
And every day I check the weather to see if I can drive the stang. Deep down inside I am 18 again, cruzin down the road, top down, wind in the hair, not a care in the world, listening to the rumble of a different and far away time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts