Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just kind of looking out there of sometime in the future getting a project car for a Terlingua Mustang racer. I love the idea of doing a vintage trans am race series-eventually. I was just wondering what are the going prices today on the rolling shells for coupes?

Welding-panel fab dont scare me. Done rails qtrs floors aprons the whole deal before. I have just been out of the loop for so long.

And our favorite auction site seems to have a limited selection of project cars. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
A shell with literally nothing on it? Rust free and straight body, I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a coupe.

G

·
If its a rolling shell with all sheetmetal but no engine or trans? I have seen them from 250 all the way up to 1000+. It really boils down to what has been done to the car, how much rust it has, vin number etc. When you find a candidate then ask.

·
Registered
12,313 Posts
I paid $500 for a basically rust free (surfact rust.. But smashed/rusted quarters) 67 fastback s-code.. I feel I paid a tiny bit too much, as there was literally NOTHING with it.. (1 lower control arm with a seized bushing, IIRC). That was 5 years ago.. Prices may have skyrocketed, I dunno.. But the thing is, if it's a rolling shell, wouldn't the suspension likely be 40 years old and have to be replaced anyways? (I suppose you get wheels with it).. I'd say ballpark 1K? Not sure of the years though.. I imagine 67-68 might be the highest?

·
Registered
67 coupe with 302/C4 and a 69 Sportsroof with 351w
435 Posts
A couple of years ago, I paid $500 for a rolling shell. Everything was present except the motor and tranny. Floors were even shiny metal.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Gentlemen...He lives in FLA.
Rust is almost everywhere.
Although I did find a rust free coupe in Jax's back a year ago.
I turned it for 1k.
Any time you find a rust free car your way ahead in the game.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah like I said Im looking for a coupe. For the Terlingua racer replica so thats 66-67 years. I hope to find one in Texas! Yeee Haww!

·
Registered
441 Posts
If anyone spots a "rust free" rolling chasis coupe for $500 PM me. And I don't mean, the rust is free, I am not being charged extra for all of it. I would love to have a solid body coupe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts