Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone else really think that gone in 60 seconds(the remake) was a retarded movie, and its had adverse effects ? for a while there , every other post was "wanted: 67 shelby gt 500 must be running driving/ under 5000 " most of those types have passed, but i still see stuff like
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1416381865 sell for absurd amounts of movie.

G

·
0 Posts
I found my mag, off to the auction block it goes. Precentage wise I think thats the most money you could make on an item! lets see, thats about €0 proffit if I did my math right.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I saw someone else trying to sell the same issue about three weeks ago on ebay and the bidding was up to $28.00. Maybe I should sell mine and I can get the new rear valance I want.

Dave
Reading PA
66 Signal Flare Red Vert
302 2V, 15X7 Cragar SS's with 205/60s

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill let you have mine for 25 shipped
im wondering if i made a mistake, anyone else see the guy at pomona way back when selling the front end off one of the cars they wailed in the movie??? there was some auction at the movie studios (this is the story i was told by the guy) and only a few ppl went and bought up all the stuff/ he wanted 750(? if i remember right) for the decklid endcaps and some chunks of the nose./

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I saw GI60S for the first time about 3 weeks ago, and honestly I'm glad I didn't go to the theatre and pay good money to see it.

It was a fairly decent movie, but I was really dissapointed on the chase scenes. Probably because of the hype I heard about it prior to actually watching it. I guess I was anticipating more than what there really was.

Doug

[color:red]VMF Exchange Board</font color=red>
http://members.spree.com/entertainment/whizco/owner/dwhisenant/66tl2.jpg
[color:blue]My Mustang is Camera Shy</font color=blue>/forums/images/icons/blush.gif

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Heh ... now would'nt it be funny if you could order back issues for 6.99 <G>?

+--------------------+
1969 Mach 1 ( M-Code)
+--------------------+

G

·
0 Posts
i think they did a crapy job turning the fastbacks into a shelby, they should have at least had an open hood scoop, that drove me crazy the whole movie, but other than that i thought it was a good movie, dont know any other movies lately that really are worth watching, and even if it is a deformed shelby, i thought it was pretty nice to have it in the movie, its the thought that counts. as for everyone wanting one, i guess that goes for any new movie, they all start some kinda trend. maybe itll get some people into mustangs and away from hondas, anywho. good luck finding one for 5 grand though, even if it is a rust bucket.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I saw the movie a couple of weeks ago too. I knew what to expect so I sat my butt down with some pizza and a cold one. Just before the movie started I gave my brain the night off (knew I wouldn't be needing it) and enjoyed myself.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I'm prayin' that they don't do a remake of Bullit. If they want to destroy cars use ones that are still in production. If they want shock value, smash a Duesenberg - KIDDING!

But please, no Bullit remake.

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

G

·
0 Posts
I have both "Gone in 60 Seconds", and although I know I'm going to get reemed; I prefer the remake. Overlooking the imperfections of the car, I just thought it was a good movie Cage is a great actor. Look at it this way. At least since they were poorly done clones, they didn't destroy all those REAL Shelby's.

'67 Coupe project car (Did I say project car? I meant pile of rust)
http://www.americainter.net/~fevans/tangdar.jpg

·
Registered
560 Posts
I also saw the small model of the 68 fastback from the movie BULLITT selling for $25.00+ on Ebay when you can buy it at Walmart for $14.00

Dave
Reading PA
66 Signal Flare Red Vert
302 2V, 15X7 Cragar SS's with 205/60s

G

·
0 Posts
Everyone that I talked to about the movie said everyone in the parking lot after was squeling tires and driving funny. I took a certain amount of satisfaction to just slowly (and loudly) roll off in my hopped up 67 coupe! That night I was driving the car everyone wished they were!

67 mustang coupe
70 mustang mach 1
88 mazda/ford mx-6

G

·
0 Posts
maybe for some, but personally i am inlove with this movie and completely obsessed with the car (Eleanor).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts