Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have asked this about other heads in the past but am really curious about these ones! The work that it says is done on them sounds incredible for the money that he is asking. They are around 500.00. They are fully rebuilt heads. Good deal? CC's are around 58. Drilled to install onto my 351W. Will cost around 70.00 to ship them to me.

DESCRIPTION from seller:
This is a set of s/b ford hi performance cylinder heads, Ford small blocks are awsome engines, with one big problem, THEY DON'T BREATH!! The tiny valves and restricted exhaust ports the ford heads come with from the factory, kills the ability of these engines, these s/b ford engines have awsome potential, we have been upgrading these heads for nearly 15 years, our heads address the small port small valve problem, our heads get extensive seat and bowl area work, we use hi performance state of the art machines and tooling, to open up these heads and make em breath, we remove the stock valves and throw them away. We install the largest set of performance stainless steel valves we can fit into these heads, and do the machine work nessasary to let the big valves flow, we remove the ex port humps and open up the ports so they breath, when you remove the problem of flow from these engines, they come to life in a big way, we hope you will take the time to read our feedback, that other Ford owners have left after installing these heads, the heads come fully assembled and ready to bolt on, they include new high performance valve springs (130 Lbs seat psi/.530 lift) new guides, hard ex seats,1.940 in. valve 1.600 ex. valve, hardened screw in studs and guide plates,5 angle valve job and milled surface these castings are fulley cleaned and pressure tested before machine work is preformed, these heads were built to use a non rail type roller rocker, all the parts in these heads are new and top of the line hi performance, we do not sell junk, if your looking for a set of cheap heads just to get you by, your in the wrong place, if you are serious about turning your pony into a monster these heads area great place for you to start Please ask questions before bidding this set has the casting # D00E

·
Registered
21,708 Posts
What did the feed back say? With CNC equipment these days, the prices on heads has come down due to compition and the need to have some one actually grinding away on each port. The machine will run tirelessly all day without taking lunch, coffee breaks, cigarette breaks, lights or AC.

$500, is that "buy now" or the bid start point. Personally, I wouldn't go too much more. That amount of money would make a nice dent in a pair of aluminum heads IMO.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His feedback is 100% over 90 transactions. They are but it now for 550.00. I am really thinking about it since he has heads like this up on ebay every now and then. Still think a good deal? ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts