Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we started out with good intentions! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif But we ran out of time!!! What we got done was... Installed the Flowmasters (doofus qualifer), installed the new oil pan, instaled new spalsh shields, what we did not finish was: new thermostat and coolent, new tranny fluid, and new plugs! Oh well another day! The good news is when we pulled the oil pan the PO spent some good $$$ in the motor from what we could see!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif A Meling high volume oil pump, double roller chain drive on the cam, good even wear on the cam!!! SO that's good.... As far as the doofus qualifier.... Well as most everyone knows the flowmasters are not exactly the same dimensions as stock mufflersl, so we knew there would be some cutting and welding, since I was only replacing the mufflers and not the whole exhaust! There is an old saying measure twice and cut once... I guess we forgot that one!! , so we have a few extra welds to make a real LONG story short, but their on, it sounds good, it's by no way perfect, but it will have to do until I have lotsa bucks to do it right!!!! Until another day, here ends another adventure in Mustang land..... I will say it is really nice when you have access to all, ALL the tools and welders, etc. when you need them!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Well....other than a short stroll into "doofus land" sounds like you had a very productive and enjoyable day!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it was a good day followed by dinner and a few Buds!!! (except for the kids! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif ) We are already planning to finish the thermostat and change the tranny oil after Bill returns from Canada from fishing and Bear hunting! Gotta love the flowmasters!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
J /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Diehl
70 76B Convert 351 C 4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts