Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I worked on my 68 coupe tonight first time in 7/8 months felt good to get back in the shop even had help.... my 11yr old son and his 9yr old sister. 11yr old wants to know if he can drive stang to school when he gets licenes(?) mabe ?? I think both will be car guys/gals (G)...It was fun to have them there with me just talking and sanding they were a lot of help(LOL)
may do it again tomorrow......

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Ya know, I think the restoring side of classic cars would be an awesome idea as a common ground for parents and their kids....I wouldn't give a kid a supercharged cleveland to drive, but working together or even just having them around and sharing this common interest is probably one of the few opportunities to bridge the generation gap!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Sounds perfect /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I have to agree that sharing "shop time" with the kids is a great bonding experience. I have a three year old and he so BADLY wants to help. I have an old door with the glass removed, rust cut out and useful for nothing. I let him sand it and bang on it with the BIG rubber hammer. That's enough, he's helping! We've got the idea that sockets have numbers on them and we're working on the big ---> small concept. I'm going to color code the 1/2" and 9/16" so I can just say, the RED one or the BLUE one /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Welcome to the forum and we all look forward to hearing more!
D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts