Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a quality shop to do the alignment on my '69. I just finished the install of my TCP coilovers (came out great), but I can't find a shop who wants the work. Any suggestions???

I tried STS at the Somerville circle and they were useless. The manager told me that it wasn't worth it to them since the alignment on "those old cars" (he actually called it an antique) took too long since they often needed shims and had to be taken apart to put the shims in (aparently he didn't know about the excentric bolts on the original suspensions or how to adjust the strut rods). Anyway, I told him that I had just installed tubular control arms with adjusting sleeves and jam nuts which would make it a breeze and then he said that he wouldn't touch it if it wasn't "stock." So, now I'm at a loss.

Thanks for listening,
Paul

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!!! Price is not as much of an issue as quality is. After spending over $2k on the TCP stuff I kinda want the alignment to be done right.

Thanks again,
Paul

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That's right down the street from where I work in Fairfield.
There's always a ton of ricers there.
I believe they have been raided before though for illegal aliens working there or something to that nature.
Don't quote me on this, just what I've heard.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm way south but I've always had good luck with NTB. They will let you out in the work area and most of there techs seem competant. I like that store alot. I do understand wanting quality over price. I feel the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts