Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made in Taiwan or something? I finally get some time to go out to my friends shop to try and find a p/s exhaust manifold for my 351W in the 70 Cougar. As I'm digging through a pallet full of manifolds way out back in 104 degree weather today, I'm noticing that 70% of them are Driver's side. I figured that was kind of odd, that mostly one side would crack or break more than the other? Even if he has sold more of the p/s side, would still indicate a problem with the p/s being weaker or something, or people wouldn't need them? Hmmmm!

Anyway I was looking for a D3OE manifold, since this is what came off of the cougar, even though it's not the correct one or for that matter, the correct year, I didn't want to have to play around to get the exhaust pipes to line up. Couldn't find any in the pile, and I forgot to bring mine which is in 3 pieces to match up. I came across a C9VE, and for some reason I was thinking it was for a 69 Mercury (must of been the heat playing tricks on me), found out after I get it home, it's for a 69 Lincoln and noticed the outlet for the exhaust pipe turns the opposite direction than mine. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

So I get to go back tomorrow with a flash light, and scour the semi trailer he has sitting in the back which is full of parts to see if I can come up with something, and of course it is suppose to be 107 tomorrow, probably 120 in the semi.

Who would of thought trying to match an exhaust manifold would have been this difficult for a fairly standard engine!

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
That is interesting. Sorry I have no insight to help in your problem but I have noticed for '65-'66 'Stangs the driver side exhaust manifolds (non-Hi-Po) have a tendency to crack.

Triple digit temps? Yikes! Here I was complaining about the 80 degree temps in Southern Cal.

Good luck in the hunt!

Dean T

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Whizco,
I've got the pair of manifolds that are correct if you have an interesting trade :) I'm always looking for 67 stuff and 289 stuff.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll keep it in mind if my friend doesn't have it. I'm hoping to get the car on the road by the end of the week, so I'm trying to "exhaust" (pun intended/forums/images/icons/smile.gif) my sources locally before I start looking outside the realm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts