Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.carsinbarns.com/blueovalsinbarns/pg30.html

If any of you ever came across this on the web, I got some good news. It will be getting done real soon. It is a GT500 with a factory (yes factory) side oiler set up for trans am racing. I left a note on the car telling him about all the stories I heard about the car and offered to Restore it in an effort to not let it sink further into the earth. The guy called me back, and it was not the car of a Vietnam soldier that bought it before the war and died in battle. Or an ex-wife trying to screw the husband in a divorce. When I spoke to the Gentleman, He was very funny about the situation, He wanted to know all the stories I heard. It turns out that he bought it in the 70s from someone in texas, it has 13k miles and is scheduled for restoration in Sept/Oct time frame. He also has an original Holman Moody GT40 that is coming out of the restoration and the GT500 is going in. He is expecting a 2 year turn on the Restore. The pics make it look worse than it is, The frames and floors are pretty solid, the outside is weathered and the interior is dried up, but overall its in great shape for sittin for so long.

He will keep me informed on the progress. Anyway, Just needed to share a success story in the making.

This is a depressing site, but shows what is out there.
http://www.carsinbarns.com

·
Registered
19,978 Posts
I've seen that one before. I'm glad to hear it's scheduled for restoration.

It's just human nature to believe the worst. You tell someone that someone else did a great deed and everyone will doubt you. But if you make up a story about that guy and a sheep.... tell me more!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
It must be nice to just "schedule" a Mustang for restoration and have it returned in a couple of years all finished.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well that is good news if what he says is true. If he really has a GT 40 getting restored, why did he not put a cover on that car? kind of an odd combination to care for one exotic and not the other. ::

1 - 4 of 4 Posts