Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an up and down day with Trouble today! First, we put the first coat of primer on the hood so we can start block sanding. Oh yes, it's looking good! Won't be much more work on that part.

Then we put the hood on the car along with the two fenders and started attaching the headlight buckets. We want everything aligned before we do the final edge sanding on the hood. The passenger side bucket fit perfectly, no problem. Then came the bad news. The driver's side bucket wouldn't fit anywhere near acceptable on the aftermarket fender. So, we took that off and put the original fender back on. I swear I could hear that car laughing.

The bucket fits perfectly and even though we have to do more bodywork on the fender, I'm happier with original steel rather than aftermarket.

I'll post some pictures later tonight or tomorrow, but the car sure looks awesome now with the hood, fenders, and front on. Trouble looks like a car now, one with an attitude! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Hope your garage is air-conditioned...*G*

In any event, my hat's off to you guys...I did that kind of work on the race car in my early 20's....you've got a lot more passion than me...

hehehe

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, if it only were air-conditioned! It was about 105 degrees this afternoon inside, plenty hot. We have to keep working, however, as I'm planning on driving Trouble in the 2004 American Pony Drive to Charlotte and back for the 40th Anniversary Mustang Show. After my fastback is done, we have to get to work on Chuck's 1972 convertible, as he and his wife are planning on taking that car on the drive with me.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I agree with Pat, I have long passed that stage in my life, although I do find pulling dents relaxing (?). Repop fenders and hoods are a nightmare....to say the least. Keep at it and eventually things will take shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts