Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is a great day. I finally got to start the engine in Stang for the first time. Great end to a sad week. We lost Grandma this last Monday. It was her time and we all thought we were prepared but.. you know how it goes. Looking back, She said her goodbyes over the July 4th weekend. We know now she was preparing because she made sure she talked to everyone of us grandkids and we all got to give her the "I love you, Grandma" one last time. Her health went downhill from then and we knew it was time. She passed in her sleep on Monday morning at the age of 87. We are sadden at our loss of Granma but we are rejoiced in knowing she is in heaven with Grandpa and my father (their eldest son).
Today, I spent checking and rechecking the connections and wires and hoses, etc on Stang. Late AM, all lights work, horn works, gas gauge works, wipers work, fuel pump works, brakes work. Accessory switch position is a go. Run position is a go. This pm, CONTACT. IGNITION.. SHE RUNS!!!!!! OH My God, what a sound! 5.0 power! First time in over 13 years! I am on cloud nine. Almost on the first try. Had to get the fuel up to the injectors first. Oil pressure went right up. I am so excited, I am shaking. Tomorrow AM I will be putting in the new driveshaft and do any timing adjustments. If I only had that AOD kickdown bracket now, I would be driving tomorrow. But, I can wait (I think). Ran for less than a minute, but was enough to empty the house. All my siblings,cousins and my Aunts came out to see what was making the noise. ME! Sitting behind the wheel grinning from ear to ear. Happy Happy, Joy Joy! I started this project over 13 years ago with my Dad. We had worked on my first Mustang a few years before starting this one and that was a lot of fun. Several times today I had to stop what I was doing and look around the garage because I kept feeling like I was being watched. I think Dad was here today. And that guy next to him was Grandpa. Makes me that much happier knowing they were watching over me and probably checking my work.
So, this week was kinda sad, but I am more at peace today knowing that its all going to be alright. So everyone take care, I will be posting some new pics as soon as I can find the time to get them up. I now just have to get the new top on and I will be cruising in style.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Colt, sorry to hear about your loss. As for the stang glad to hear its up and running after 13yrs, i'm sure it must be a great feeling. Its been 7 1/2yrs for me, but I hope to be driving it within a few weeks. My condolences again, now get that stang together and drive.

SCOTT
65CONV, C-CODE, T10, 4BBL
ITS ALMOST DRIVABLE, WOOOOHOOOO...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts