Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to mess around with the `66 COupe I picked up a couple weeks ago, I put a wrench on the crank bolt and managed to get it to turn (good), now there is some kind of fluid leaking from it! (bad)
at least I found it has a Holly on it instead of the 2100 I expected to fiind. are the Holly 2 V`s any good? maybe I`ll put it on SWMBO`s vert.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
what kind of fluid. we need some colors,consitancy or genral discrition of it and i havent hear any thing bad about 2 bbl holleys, some people dont like the complications of setting it up but holleys will most likely give the most power due to the vast configurations

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, at first I thought it might have been rad coolant, but I stuck my finger in it, and it`s a kind of browney gooey looking(good thing it`s on the tar driveway, or this comparison would have been moot), and leaves a brake fluid kind of feeling on the skin, if you know what I mean.

I think I better go wash my hands...

·
Registered
10,303 Posts
Does it have power steering or an automatic? Could be either of those.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, it`s got a C4. I thought it might be that, right color anyway, I don`t know how rotating the crank could make the rad leak, but hey, maybe I hit one of the rubber hoses and it cracked

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
try to isolate the leak is it red/brown goo or just brown goo newer p/s fluid is kind like that but its probly ATF outa that c-4 check the pan gasket and rear tailshft seal- maybe if you have a REALY REALY SCREWED ATF cooler in the radiator then i could be water and atf- mine leaks and i have a yucky sticky red/brown film in my coolant. hope any of that helped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts