Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the stang to work for the first time after a year long restoration and I have got to tell you I had the biggest grin on my face for so long, it got to hurtin'! It has been too long. It's tough to get a car and only drive it a little cause it was so banged up (crushed qtr) and messed up (junky carb.etc.), then work on it for a year straight. Every off day, mornings for 3 hrs or so (working 2nd shift), after work (on day shift). I mean I just got wore out with it. Maybe I push too hard because I always start what I finish. I remember playing football in highschool and how tough it was to go 2 a days in August, the whole month (now they do 2 weeks, har har). I think this was a lot tougher than practice ever was! :p I am gonna kick back and enjoy this puppy now and enjoy going to some shows and cruiseins and by golly just have a good time for while. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted by having phase 1 of this "project" finished! I only have one tiny thing left to do tomorrow and that's change the rear end oil. I borrowed the little sucky thingy from work that works good to pull fluids out of pumps and stuff. It should pull the old oil out so I can put some new 90 wt in there. Sorry if this was a little long, but I hope my friends here can rejoice a little with me, cause ya'll sure got to "suffer" along with me for the last year...lol. I was very pleased driving so far (35 miles each way) and had to stop several times in town for business and it started right back up each time. I had advanced the timing a little from 6 to 9 deg. and that really helped that situation (I always thought advancing made it harder to start???) it has alot more pickup too! :eek: Thanks guys and gals I could not have done it without all of you... :D (big group hug here) Here's some pics if anyone wants to look. http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2264950&uid=1196350&members=1

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wow, congrats....mine is my daily friver, but I can not wait until I get my truck so I can start tearin her down for the restoration!! Oh I can only imagine the fun I am going to have,...!!

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh man, diss my wheels...lol. They were had for the grand sum of ...Free! That's the only reason I am using them, is they were free. I am going to go with the real nice wheels sometime next year. I don't even have the center caps or anything. These came off a 4x4 ranger '92. Oh well, do what you can with what you got! :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts