Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even after 20 years of wrenching, it's good to know I still have doofus capability...

I've been on a rattle fixing mission, today was supposed to be the passenger door window......

I acquired the plastic window track insulators from NPD and had the time.....got the window crank, door panel, and armrest out and replaced the 8 insulators (BTW....if youre out to replace these guide insulators, dont bother bidding on egay....you can get them from NPD for cheaper).

I've seen how decayed the outer weatherstrip is on the door (the one that keeps rain and ice out of the door), but didnt put 2 and 2 together.....did all that, realigned the window (I took the rails out to get in there...still a slow awkward job), and naturally, the window still rattles.

Looks like a trip to Glazier's is in order tomorrow!!

It will also be nice to not get froze out of my sportsroof this winter!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,518 Posts
Shark, you've reached old-hand status and still no info in your bio! If nothing else, at least put in the year of your car.
Doofuses still sneak up on me pretty regularly. If there's a mechanic out there who doesn't doofus on occasion, I haven't met him.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I checked your bio as well. If you're in driving range of Glazier's, welcome to the neighborhood. What is your car, and what shows do you take it to?

Carl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts