Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, after fidleing around under the dash, I manage to get 3 turn signals working. Both front, and Right side rear. The parking lights work on all 4 lights. The brake light only works on the right side of the car. So the only thing my left rear does is have parking lights. Please help..... I have checked everything I can think of. For some reason when I took my instrument cluster out, the 3 turn signals started working. Whats the deal? Any ideas people? (midlife)

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
It's real easy to pinch a wire when installing the 67 cluster. I would pull the cluster back out and check for a pinched or crushed wire. Try the turn signals with the cluster unmounted. If still nothing, start tracing back connector by connector looking for the voltage signal. The shop manual has good drawings for this, color coded and everything.

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
Not sure if this will be true for 67/68's, but when I installed the new harness for the tail lights, I had to use a pigtail to connect to the taillight buckets. That POC! I have to rotate it just a certain way on the bucket to get both lights to work. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif. Try that...if not, then ask again, and I can lead you through troubleshooting procedures.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, didn't work. I have used a volt meter, and Im getting off and on power, (flashing) on the right side, which is a Blue Orange Blue wire. The left side should use a Green Orange wire, and I tried the same procedure on that side, and there was no voltage there. I slit the wire in the door jamb, No voltage there. There are 4 wires that pass through the door jamp. Then they split into 2 connectors. I believe it is 2 wires per connecter. I un-hooked the connector that had the Green Orange wire in it, and I touched the volt meter to that prong. No voltage. Now what?

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
Go to the 10 pin connector (2 rows of 5) which goes to the turn signal switch. Unplug it. Measure the resistance (Ohms) from the harness side to the connector you unplugged in the door jamb. Do the same for the Green with the white stripe going to the turn signal in the front. If they both read good (low Ohms) your problem may be your t/s switch. If not, you have a problem in that part of the harness.

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The turn signal switch is brand new. I just replaced it yesterday.

·
Premium Member
19,225 Posts
Follow Yxelot's advice. It's probably the turn signal switch.

You've never heard of a new device not working? *G*

I't's also possible that your output pin is not firmly in the connector and thus isn't making contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts