Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed something cheap to commute to work in. Was looking for a little 4 cylinder 5 speed for under $2k. Went to the local auction, and came home with this.

It's a 93, with a 280hp 32 valve 4.6l V8, similar to a Mustang Cobra. It has air ride suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, independent rearend, 16" rims, climate control, cd changer, and all the other gadgets you'd expect to find on a Lincoln.

These cars are very undervalued. I picked this one up for under 2 grand with 162k miles on it. If anyone's looking for a family car, I strongly suggest you check them out.

More pics here.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
As "Da Boss" said, heck of a buy. You should see what we call a "beater" in Seattle. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I have a feeling that won't be quite as economical as the little 5-speed 4 banger you wanted. =)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I fully agree. Both on the auction and the lincolns. I almost hate to part it out to do my EFII conversion. In fact its so nice my cousin is borowing the car till i start to strip it. I'm sure that will cause me pain when the time comes.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Nice buy 66. I'm just thinking how far the purchase price of your car has gotten me as per an investment on mine, hehe. What you see in my sig pic is how much you spent for your car. Congrats!/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
hell id take that car! nice stereo and a supercharger and no one would care that its not your traditional sports car.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Supercharger, heads, intake, camshaft... It'd be neat to see that Lincoln run 14s... Slap some Flowmaster 40-series on it!!

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I'm very interested in these auto auctions... say I walked in with 3 grand, what kind of stuff could I buy considering it had reasonable mileage, decent power, nice looks, etc??

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
My dad looked at one of those when they came out, VERY expensive car at the time. I can't beleive you got that for under two grand!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts