Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
13,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, we had to put our GR down a few weeks ago and our family really appreciated all your kind remarks. Today Sady, a 4 year old female came to live with us. We got her through the GR Rescue and boy is she a cuty. She is going to fit right in with our family.
Stan

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congradulations and Thanks, Stan! I volunteer for a Golden Retriever rescue here in east Tenn., Tennessee Valley Golden Retriever Rescue, www.tvgrr.com
It's amazing the dogs that are abandoned or given up. We have fostered numerous pure breed Goldens that were at the pound as strays. I think it's great to give these dogs a home and a second chance at life. It's a wonderful and noble thing to do.

John

G

·
0 Posts
Congrats! I have a golden that I raised since 7 weeks. He is my best friend. Actually, my username is actually his name (Opus). I'm sorry to hear about your loss but congrats on your new buddy!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am happy to hear you have a new friend, and it is even better that you found one via a rescue. I also do some work with the Mid America Basset Rescue out of Kansas.It is truly amazing how many great dogs are given up by owners and end up in shelters or worse.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Nice to hear.
My wife runs the SPCA in our community and there are so many animals that don't have proper homes.
We got her St Bernard from a rescue society.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Stan, Enjoy the new addition to the family, great choice going with a rescue dog.

Mark

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Stan -

Congrats on the new acquisition, hopefully she'll help ease your loss....

Bendi (our rescued Golden) wants to see her picture! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif He's such a DOG!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Here's his.......

http://a9.cpimg.com/image/2D/3B/12120109-aa18-012C016F-.jpg

www.goldenrecovery.org

G

·
0 Posts
This is new to me. I have heard of greyhound rescue, but why would there be a need to rescue Golden Retrievers?
Put me on the list. I only have 4 dogs now, but I do love Goldens....

JB

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
If you look hard enough there is a rescue for almost any breed of dog. It's usually someone with a lots of time and money who really loves animals. I think a rescue or a humane society are the only way to go when obtaining a pet. There are too many that need saved, and buying from pet stores in most cases only support the inproper breading and treatment of dogs in puppy mills. Most people buy from pet stores because the want a pedigree dog. However there are many different ways of obtaining a pedigree dog. Such as a rescue, classified ads(unwanted pets), or a professional breeder. It's also a cheaper way to go sometimes.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
ok thanks alot, you got my wife & I sitting here with tears in our eyes, looking at these poor aBused animals, if that is not bad enough, I being the sadist that I am went & found a GRR here in NY, on ling island they have one with GR's that had a tumer & was let outside to live, I feel so badly reading this type of thing I look forward to when My home is bigger(an adition is planned soon) when we can at least foster one or more of these dogs, for know my buddy(GR) chance will have to be an only child
talk to you guys
soon

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Good man, Stan. You've done the right thing. Taking in a "recycled" pet is the only way to go. I know it will help you work through your grief, too.

That Sady is one lucky dog!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the family! I'm sure the one who passed is smiling a big goofy grin up in Dog Heaven. Pets are the greatest, especially sweet GRs!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts