Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed that really cool Total Control fender/hood brace system, and love the look of it. :: Later, I took the car in to have a serpentine belt system and AC system installed. AND, naturally, the front brace won't work with the belt system and the AC compressor. :( We are looking at cutting the brace and shortening it and running it straight across from the shock towers, in front of the carberator,like a Fox body apparently. (1) any reason that won't work? (2) is this work for a regular machine shop or should I be looking elsewhere to get this done? (3) what kind of questions should I ask the machine shop before handing over the brace, other than whether they can weld aluminum? I figure this is a "one chance" shot at getting it right. And a follow-up question: seems to me that the easiest way to accomplish this would be to cut the brace, thread it on the inside and then and install a turnbuckle (outside threads might also work) Any reason why that would not work? I go looking for a fabrication/machine shop Friday. On a positive note, I was told by Dallas Mustang that "Mustang Enthusiast" wants to do an article on the car once it is finished. So that's good. :: thanks for the help guys/gals. River

1 - 3 of 3 Posts