Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking hard for some chrome headers, I ordered some from Mustangs Unlimited and it was backordered untill september, but I need them now so I canceled it. Do you know of a good place to find some chrome headers, preferbly tri-Ys? Thanks

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
summit racing. get the ceramic coated hedman elite's they are very nice and run about 260.00 for the pair.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Most "shiny" headers are nickle plated, as nickle holds up to heat far better than chrome. I bought the JBA shorties on my son's car from Sacramento Mustang, but they're probably way cheaper at Summit Racing. I got my ceramic coated FlowTech's off our favorite auction site for about $125 (still in the original box ::). I got the Hooker Comps that are going onto my sportsroof at the Petaluma Swap Meet for $35.

So you see, there's all kinds of options as to where to get headers.

I recommend ceramic coated, though, over nickle plated. The difference in heat disapation is nothing short of amazing, and the ceramic coating is more durable than nickle.

·
Registered
412 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Did they fit? I bought tri-y's from Sacto. Mustang and the fit was so bad I took them back. The driver's side collector was bent inward to the point that once the header contacted the bell housing, the flange was 1/8" away from the head still by the no. 8 plug. According to the counter guy, he said about 1 in 10 of their headers come back because the fitment is so poor. That's when I upgraded to the JBA's (which are now on my son's car).

·
Registered
90 Posts
There's an unused pair on the auction site right now the reserve has been met at 172 with 3 days to go.

Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts