Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the big air show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The Henrob folks had a booth there peddling their fancy torch. I've been thinking about buying one of these for a while, so I did it. I talked the guy into giving me a little tutoring one day after the show, and he spent over an hour with me. We did all kinds of different welds and cuts on different materials. I was doing MIG quality welds and perfect cuts through everything, and I haven't picked up a torch in over 20 years! The Miller, Hobart and Lincoln folks were at the show too demoing their MIG machines, and I was able to spend some serious time on those as well. I preferred the torch! I'm stoked about this torch, and can't wait to cause some serious damage on one of the cars! I paid $320 for it, which is a complete rip-off considering what you get and how simple this torch is, but I haven't been able to find it any cheaper (even on E-hay), so I did it.

Anyway, there have been a lot of posts lately about welders, so I thought I would throw this in. After I get my tanks and regulators and start using this sucker, I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, by the way, if My wife asks, the torch cost $29.95 OK?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts