Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from the big air show in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. The Henrob folks had a booth there peddling their fancy torch. I've been thinking about buying one of these for a while, so I did it. I talked the guy into giving me a little tutoring one day after the show, and he spent over an hour with me. We did all kinds of different welds and cuts on different materials. I was doing MIG quality welds and perfect cuts through everything, and I haven't picked up a torch in over 20 years! I'm stoked about this torch, and can't wait to cause some serious damage on one of the cars! I paid $320 for it, which is a complete rip-off considering what you get and how simple this torch is, but I haven't been able to find it any cheaper (even on E-hay), so I did it.

Anyway, there was a thread on the PNW forum earlier about welders, and a couple of you were interested in the Henrob. If any of you locals would like to give it a whirl, feel free to come on by my place. I don't have tanks and regulators yet, but I will soon, or you can hook it up to your tanks.

Oh, by the way, if My wife asks, the torch cost $29.95 OK?

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
That price is about right... if you shift the decimal a bit.

Hey, weren't you supposed to be popping down my way last week to get your bling-bling polish?

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Glad you took the plunge :D

I saw one on E-Hay for about the same price on Friday. Almost put my bid in, but decided to wait till I get back from my Rogue river trip before taking the plunge also.

My friend who has the shop I'm working in, just picked up a 1940's Mercury Zephyr (SP?) he wasnt to do a rod job on, so i should have lots to play with ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, weren't you supposed to be popping down my way last week to get your bling-bling polish?
Would have been a looooooong drive from Wisconsin!

I do still want to get that polish, and I'm sure you'd like your money (yes, I can still afford it even after buying that overpriced torch). Maybe later this week I can swing by after work, we'll see.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Hey Dan....Did you see the "Miss Veedol" there? That little orange plane from Wenatchee? They've had a few front page pic's here in the Newspaper....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately, I was so busy schmoozing potential business that I saw very little of the airshows or other festivities. I did catch a glimpse of the Harrier demo (never ceases to amaze me), an old bi-plane doing aerobatics with a Citation jet engine strapped to the belly, and an incredible aerobatic demo by a world champion who my company sponsors. All in all it was a great show for me and my company.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Yeah..to bad you didn't see her....could have done a little bragging to the rest... how she was built just a few hours away! :: The Picture in the Paper had her setting almost next to the "Spirit of St. Louis"...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts