Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First i'd like to thank David Flak (boss351) for ordering this for me.

the results:
----------------------
8 = Model Year: 1968
F = Dearborn Assembly Plant
01 = Mustang Two Door Hardtop
S = 390 CID 8-Cylinder - 4V - Special G.T.
133188 = Consecutive Unit Number

This vehicle was produced on December 22, 1967 with the following options:

1. Candy Apple Red Exterior Paint
2. Black All Vinyl Bucket seats
3. Automatic Transmission
4. Standard Non-Locking Gear Ratio
5. 7.35 x 14 White - Sidewall Tires
6. Power Steering
7. Air Conditioning
8. AM Radio
9. Tinted Windows
10. Full Wheel covers.
-----------------------------

Well, this finally puts an end to the mystery, the car (from what i make of this) was NOT a GT. I am confused by the way they put "Special GT", but i assume they just mean it WAS the 390 V8 GT ENGINE. Has to be rare-ish. And it HAD AC!. Nothing else spectacular, but im excited about it!

Gary

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
how long did it take to get your report? i ordered mine on 7 Jan,'02 and found out they messed up my order and did not tell me till apr when i checked on it. reordered it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Don't think your the only one to have to wait 5-6 months to get a report....I kept calling them and finally all 3 of mine showed within 3 days of eachother.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I ordered my "999" report through Ford Customer Service about two weeks ago. I got it already yesterday. Not as much info. on it as I know I'll get from Kevin Marti but it's a start (and free). A 67 390GT conv. 4spd. and the report verified it all. I also have the orig. build sheet. What I was a little surprised at is conv. top color. Car is Clearwater Aqua/ aqua int., report said top is black. I like and will do a white top. Thoughts on top color?
Again, report only took 'couple weeks.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 1/2 weeks. I was surprised about the speed. I hear average is 4-8 weeks.

Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts