Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went traditional, 15x7 Torq-Thrust-D's. I ordered them from Shaun at StreetorTrack Monday morning and got them Tuesday night!

Now I have to settle on a tire shop and brand. I'm going to go with 225/60R15s but am not sure what brand. Maybe Kumhos or BFGoodrich T/As. Anyone have an opinion ?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Mine rubbed (TT D's 15X7) the fender lips on dips F/R with 225/60/15 right where the tire bulges but I'm lowered and my fender lip is level with my tire tread. Had to 'massage' the front edge of front fender also as it rubbed while backing in a full turn mode.
I think 215's may have cleared w/o rolling, not sure.
Jon

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still running with the stock suspension, so I think I'll be OK up front. Someday I'll lower the car an inch or so and I'll probably need to go with 215s. I am a little worried about installing tires that are narrow enough to allow me to scratch up my rims when parking next to a curb.

I like the look of those cobras :)

Sorry about the lack of pics - I used to have my pics hosted on kodak's site, but they booted me off since I wouldn't spend money with them. I think I'll set up a shutterfly account.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm a Cooper Tire dealer. I've used Cobras on early Mustang and I also like the Touring CS4. The CS4 has a more touring tread design and a 80000 mile warranty. Here.s a link to the Cooper site
http://coopertire.com/Flash/index.aspx

I'll sell any Cooper tires to a VMF member for $20 off each tire. Hell, I'll even mount and balance them for free if you are in the area and want to help a little. Otherwise, I'll ship UPS for actual cost, 2 at a time. Big Albie

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
TA's for that traditional look

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Big Albie said:
I'm a Cooper Tire dealer. I've used Cobras on early Mustang and I also like the Touring CS4. The CS4 has a more touring tread design and a 80000 mile warranty. Here.s a link to the Cooper site
http://coopertire.com/Flash/index.aspx

I'll sell any Cooper tires to a VMF member for $20 off each tire. Hell, I'll even mount and balance them for free if you are in the area and want to help a little. Otherwise, I'll ship UPS for actual cost, 2 at a time. Big Albie
Do you also deal Avon tires; I see Avon is part of Cooper? If so, have any input on the CR6ZZ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts