Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I as cruising around eblah for some rocker panel stripe decals for my 66 coupe and I found a compilation of mustang stickers in a "kit" that this guy was selling. Basically it's center "shelby" type stripes, rocker panel stripes with "MUSTANG" written in them, "MUSTANG" or "MUSTANG GT" windshield visor letters with a clear black "background" sticker, plus some little pony decals and snake/cobra decals if you need/want them. ANd the kit is buy it now for like $30 or something. But the center stripes were only 6 inches wide, so I checked the "distance" and made sure that it'll be enough striping and whatnot and it's good. I emailed him and asked him if he could replace the main stripes with 10" instead of 6", I know it won't be "real" shelby and that it'll appear to get smaller going back but I'll prolly trim the front stripes to 9.25 to make just the front and backs look "right". I rant, well anyways .. he hooked me up with all this for $40+shipping, what a deal! A coat of wax, stripes, and another coat later and I'll share some pics or they'll be up on my website, follow the sig!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Sounds like a great deal! You said "A coat of wax, stripes, and another coat later ..." You do NOT want to try to lay the stripes over wax, they absolutely won't stick. Be sure to use a good, strong wax remover/degreaser on the paint surface before applying the stripes. Once the stripes are on and well cured, then wax away!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah my dad caught that too but thanks for the heads up. I meant just a good cleaning, get the wax OFF with alcohol mixture and its coming along good. We only did the rear decklid tonight, more just planning and measuring and seeing how much we're going to work with. It looks awesome though, I'm gonna upload the progress pics on my website tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts