Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hehe I love Mexico. I took all the glass from my 70 fastback to Mexico today to get it tinted. They did a great job and the total came out to $45. I would much rather pay that then pay the absolute minimum of 100$ that places like Mothers Window and Tint (local store) charges. Oh well, just thought I would share my experience. I have now gotten my seats reupholstered and my windows tinted in mexico. Both times, dirt cheap and great work. Like I said before, l love Mexico!

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289
70 fastback done by may/graduation...hopefully

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Isn't that exploitation?
Wish I could exploit New Zealand like that!! *G*

If at first you don't succeed , find a bigger hammer
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1584152&a=12055089&p=43600042.jpg

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Did you bring them an upholstery kit when you had your seats re-upholstered? Or did you use their vinyl? What was the final cost for the upholstery?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not sure about from el paso but from San Antonio the drive was about 3 hours one way. I went directly across the border from Eagle Pass.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't go with the stock setup. I went out and bought some black vinyl that I liked and another cloth fabric that I really liked and that felt good from my local fabric stores. I had them do the seats in the same pattern as original but I had the cloth put in the center sections of the seat that comes in contact with skin. They stripped off the old upholstery, filled up some of the foam, and sewed on the new fabrics for a full set of seats for 120.

~Chris
San Antonio, Tx
66 coupe 289

1 - 7 of 7 Posts