Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a great used performer intake, and Holley Carb (1850?), besides a Felpro Gasket set and Silicone (and I plan to throw away the end gaskets), what else do I need to do the install?
Should I buy new bolts for the intake? I need bolts for the carb. I plan to order some fuel Line and a new filter from Summit. What else am I missing or should I consider replacing when installing my intake and carb.
Thanx

TJ
66 coupe 302 2v c4 -daily driver
94 GT vert -SWMBO's
93 Aerostar - hauling stuff
50 Mercury Pickup - waiting to be restored, stored back home

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Be sure to install new Carb gaskets. If you have a shop vac, have it handy incase you get debris down into your lifter valley when you take off the intake, and start scraping off the old gasket material. This may also be a good time to replace Vacuum lines and pcv valve and hose.

good luck!!

Full Throttle
http://homepages.go.com/~ful_throttle/fullthrottle.gif

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Get ready to have to 'modify' your throttle pedal assembly. The original setup never seems to work properly with aftermarket carbs and intakes. You will likely have to bend the pedal assembly a bit. A new throttle rod is sometimes helpful as well to give you more adjustability.

[email protected]
1967 351W Convertible
2000 Mustang GT
Please bring back last post to top!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooh Sure, you think I slide that by SWMBO!!!

Actually later in the year I am hoping to get a set of GT40P heads and then I will need headers anyway, and when I do that I guess a new cam is in order.
My wife is trying to convince me to adopt a dog right now Hmmmmmm I could use that for leverage for some new car parts. This is how we ended up with a bunch of cats (and my mustang:)

TJ
Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

94 GT vert -SWMBO's

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
New fasteners are always nice....especially if the history of the current ones is unknown..

Carb spacer/PCV hookup?

Air filter? (your stocker may not clear the hood now)

Check the manifold gasket surfaces for flatness.....

Other suggestions so far are good IMO...

Pat
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1570936&a=11937754&p=42910787.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oops didn't think about a carb spacer. I take it I have to have one to hook my pcv hose up? (I have a model 2121 performer by the way)

TJ
Highland Village, TX (DFW area)

94 GT vert -SWMBO's

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TJ,
If you have automatic transmission you may need to modify your kick down lever to the transimission. I had to extend mine to reach the carb. I cut it and slid a smaller pipe inside as an extension and then put a small bolt through each end to hold it.
Allen

71 Coupe, red with vinyl top, 351-C, headers, 600 carb, mid range cam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts