Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I was driving my '71 with 429CJ, going 75 mph on 70 mph 14 fwy, I saw a '84-'95 Corvette coming on my driver's side. I was waiting until it is on my side, I floored the gas (I don't think I did it all the way but I should have) and we were even until about 105-110 mph and saw a pick-up truck in about a mile away. I decided to let it out and saw driver on Corvette gave me a thumb up and passed by me. I noticed a female on the passenger's side were kind of surprised that my car can go fast as the Corvette. I don't know how fast is the Corvette in compare with my car. Any idea?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Look at it this way hehe, you have a bad ass car!!! the vette has no choice but to respect that!

and besides hehe its an 80s vette, you can stomp and romp all over it

Im in love with the 429 mach ::Drools::

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL. Acutually, my whole exhaust system is really old and I'm gonna to replace new mufflers with Super Turbo Dynomax. Also I'm gonna to replace stock air cleaner with K&N X-Stream. Maybe those would make some difference.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The vette had at least 4 speed tranny. I bet you have a c6 or fmx which has just 3, now if you had 1 more.....

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Even with completing matching drivetrains, the 'vette would have gotten you in the end. The comparative drag coefficients between the two cars isn't even close. A '71 (or any early) Mustang probably looks like a big box to the air you're passing through while the 'vette looks more like a knitting needle. No comparison.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's true and I was thinking about that one. That's the difference between the sport cars and the muscle cars. I have C6 tranny.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
He is probably scared.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts