Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the moulding removal from Eastwood in the mail today, so I decided I would tackle the windshield, since it was nice outside. Getting the moulding off was real easy...then came the rubbery gunk out from the sides of the windshield. I didn't know you could get at it from the inside until about 10 minutes into it, so for those first 10 minutes, I must have tried every long, sharp, metal tool I have to get it out from the outside. Doh! Went to the interior, and started cutting away. Well, this was going to take forever, and this was where I pulled every muscle I possibly could, especially in my hands. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Had to get up under the windshield, put my arms in positions they just aren't supposed to be in, and much more fun shtuff. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Well, I finally remembered what another VMFer said about using a piano string to saw out the rubber. Unfortunately, I had to piano string, so I just used a wire. Thanks to whoever gave that tip, it worked great! Got the windshield out, and sat it in the garage. BTW, glass cracks! Hehe. Cracked it twice during my search for the right tool. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Oh well, had to replace it anyways. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif All in all, it took a lot less time than I thought it would, and I highly reccomend a piano string, or something similar. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
Sorry for such a long post! *g*
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
706 Posts
Congrats on getting it out! I plan to tackle the same task on my '65 in the next couple of weeks. I've heard a guitar string works well also.

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,960 Posts
Next time just duct tape the whole thing...inside and out and kick it out!!!!!!

faster and doesn't make a mess!!!!

heehee!!!!
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top