Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to my buddy's shop to shoot some pictures of a 68 Mustang Vert he is wanting to sell, and as I am walking through the doors, this kid comes strolling in right behind me. My friend had one of his employees whisk we away into the back of the shop. Come to find out the person who was doing his internet sales for him, was the kid behind me, and he hadn't been told yet that his services wasn't needed anymore since I was taking them over, I guess they didn't want this kid to go ballistic if he saw me snapping photos on the show room floor, knowing this used to be his job. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

So anyway, we're standing there in the back of the shop and, his worker leans over and says btw, do you know what this is? Of course he was talking about the Grabber Blue Boss 429 sitting right in front of me! At first I wasn't certain because the decals had all been removed, but once you looked at the hood, it was only obvious. I think I did say, "IS IT REAL?"

Come to find out the original owner had bought it brand new back in 1970 for one purpose, and that was to race! He pulled the Boss 429 out and replaced it with a 427 side oiler. Looking at the speedometer, it showed only 8,000 original miles on it! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif as it was used only for racing. Unfortunately the 429 is long gone, but the rest of the car is in excellent shape, including the original interior.

My buddy finally comes back into the shop and tell me the kid is gone, so it's safe to take pictures now. Then he ask me, once he gets the Boss finished if I would come back and take some photos of it to sell as well. Hmmm! I think I'm going to have to rework our arraignments and tell him, I need to be able to test drive each car he wants me to sell for him, just so I know it's not a lemon.... What'cha think? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

On a side note, I was so in awe of the car, that I forgot to snap a few photos of it just for the heck of it, even though I had my camera right in my hand! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif O'well, next time!

K

·
0 Posts
Yeah right.......you been sipp'in the cordials again Whiz????/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Just don't tell him about that underpass in Fresno you know so intimately/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif and he may let you drive it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe! only a handful of locals know about that stunt I pulled 24 years ago, and most of them have moved away, so no worries here! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

SWMBO's B-day is Wednesday, maybe he will let me take her for a spin in it! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Not likely, but hey you never know?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts