Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gonna be a long story, so grab a cold one first..lol..try and shorten it up..1984..got married, and sold the 69 r code..needed a mini van(gasp!!)thought to myself,..no prob..will get another..fast forward 20 years..2 daughters graduated, and 2 in high school, cant afford the r code, but did talk swmbo into a 65 fastback project..ok i thought, at least i have a mustang again..previous ones were 69 r code..71 sportsroof..68 vert..fastback is gonna need ALOT of work, which explains why the cheap price..lol..bought it 30 days ago, and all was well..she liked it as much as me..drove it more than me too i think..lol..ok..so the 30 day tag expires, and i think..good time to pull it into the garage, and start tearing it apart..im ready to go...1 small detail..swmbo says no money or time on the car till i finish the remodel on the house..she right..ive been working on it for years, and still not done..one room at a time..was built in 1873, so im finding alot of suprises..kinda makes me mad, but i also know she is right..get me into the garage with the stang, and she might not see me again for weeks..lol..oh well..i figure it will take at least 2 years to get the 65 where i want it, so if i cut corners on the remodel, she wont know it, and i can start the project sooner..lol..she already says i spend too much time reading the posts on this site..lol, and ive only joined a month ago...hmm..maybe i should go ahead and renew that tag..still a couple of nice months driving yet..she cant say no to that..lol..

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
kind of sounds like my story, only I purchased
my fastback 4 years ago and now it is finally
in the bodyshop to get some major sheet metal
work done. The car was to be finished last month
but he still hasn't started on it yet! I just have
to sit back and relax, good things shouldn't be
rushed, we want it done right the first time!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hey, this is my story
how can you know me so well, i dont know you at all.
fast forward another 20 years, here is how it will be...
Still remodeling the house, except re-doing what you are doing now.
Car is almost done
Yes, its true , its never done
graduations
marriage's
Grandkids
more grandkids
no time to work on the Mustang today
all i gotta say to you is, you better hurry up, your gettin older by the minute
at some point in time, and im not sure when it happens, but your mind will be willing but the body aint able
im too tired to work on the Mustang today
take care have fun , ive gotta go finish workin on the washroom remodel again, then it'll be the stairway again,then the ceiling in the screened in porch i built, then trim and paint the living room again,split rail fence.
And then im done again?
Oh , i think i know or kinda remember...its when your in your 50's...im pretty sure thats when it starts....the mind body thing i mentioned above.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i see your in cincy..im near cedar point..if the body shop dont get to your car soon..i can recommend my brother..does great work, but i dont know how busy his shop is at the moment, but if ya need to find another shop, id find out if he was interested...at least i have that in my favor..my brother doesnt know it yet, but i think i bought the project for him..lol..kidding..gonna be lots of help, and have to tools at my disposal, but still takes alot of time and mone..hmm..not always broke, but never have time...guess i need more time..lol..good luck on your project...wanna see it when its done joe

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol..thats pretty good wayne..ya know..i think ive been here before too..before i moved in here, i did some remodeling, that is being redone now..guess im gonna have to sho swmbo your post, and tell her i better get started on the mustang, or it will never get done..and like i said she likes driving it,..this may work.....lol...thnx

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I got married in 85 and the stang still isnt done yet!! Oh well, have owned it 6 years so it should be done in another 4. I feel your pain. At least you can drive yours. Spend a little bit here and there while enjoying the ride. You can do some resto touchups and details that shouldn't cost an arm and a leg and still get the remodel done first. I've had my house since 91 and am still working on it. The housework is never done.

I sometimes feel an aggressive urge to hop in my steed and head down the highway, but it dont run......yet. Its maiden drive is still a couple years away.....Just be nice to SWMBO and she will reward you well, plus make a couple of deals with her from time to time. Thats what I do.

G

·
We're almost in the same boat! Before marrage, it was a blown '73 Z-28, a hot rodded VW, conv. Tempest,and the list goes on. I'm now behind the wheel of a '90 Olds minivan with 233,000 miles on it. Saving the bucks for the Mustang! But man, is she playing you like a cheap fiddle. Lets you buy the mustang then makes you wait until the house is done! Hehehe... I went one better with SWMBO. I brought her home a '66 conv. project, and I vowed not to touch it until my fastback is done. now she has me trying to cut corners to finish mine so we can start on hers. Bless her tired soul. She's doing the graveyard shift right now making a little extra to spend on my fastback. (Yea, right!)

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
Thanks for the offer about your brother
for the body work, I may have to keep
him in mind. On another note did you get
my E-Mail on the seats you responded to
in the parts for sale forum?

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya know scott..im accually trying that one on my swmbo..going to a show in columbus this week-end, and i see on here where a 66 fastback project ...and i mean project...was for sale ..and its in columbus, so i told her that if it wasnt too bad, we could buy it, and when im done with mine, she could have her own...after all...she likes mine...so...got her thinking..lol

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and yes steve..i did get the e-mail..didnt have time to respond..was working on the house..lol..seriously..im still interested, but ive got a lead locally, but havent heard back yet..of course, dont hold em for me, but if i find i need em, ill get ahold of ya and see if you still have em..thnx.............joe

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
What I am doing so my SWMBO doesnt pull that on me is I am building a Stang for her first then it will be one for me. LOL /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts