Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about going with a '69 BOSS 302 clone. What do you think I need to do about my false side scoops, which were omitted on the BOSS?
http://www.radiologymovie.com/images/103_0331.JPG

·
Registered
873 Posts
You can probably filled them in, but I don't think they'll take away from a resto-mod, if they're in good shape keep them that way, however, if you need to replace them, a lot of repro panels don't come with them anyway. I personally always liked the school bus yellow bosses :). Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks like you have a real rust free example of a car there... if i were you, i would scuff it up, bring it to macco and have them do a cheepe paint job on it, get some wheels and tires... and drive it around for a while. you just got a nice car, enjoy it before you tear it down.

- Jason

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Great Idea. Just driving it awhile will help to spark ideas.
You've got to get the mechanics straightened out first. A lot of guys would kill for a working - running Mustang like that.
Take it slow and budget wisely.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Get that rocker panel cleaned up! Looks like it took a heavy landing on something under that passenger side door.

You can do lots of things with a plain 69. If you're going to clone a boss all new quarter skins come with the hole deleted. Since that's the case and your car is so clean, why not go for the Boss 429 clone?

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Rockers not dented, there's heavy grease there that makes it look that way.

Aren't parts hard to come by for a BOSS 429 clone?

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
Make the clone, but instead of filling the scoops in, replace them with 69/70 Shelby scoops.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Since it will be a clone anyway, put the 69 shelby scoops on.
They look great, plus you can tell people(Non VMF's) that it was an added dealer option back then...Who cares..It's yours to do as you wish.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts