Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks,
I'm about 50% done with my Granada disc brake conversion here, but I have a question
on which MC I should use. The one that came out of the Granada (donor) car came from a power
assist braking system. Now I assume that the piston and possibly the connector will be a different
length or what not, so I can't use it as is... Can I use a standard 1978 Granada MC?

I'm dealing with this now because of an unrelated problem. We can't get the old hoses off the brake
lines down near the spindles. Our only option it seems is going to be to but the actual brake line, and
install a new one. If we do that, we want the MC in place so we can just bend the line right up to the
cylinder. The lines on now look good, no rust, etc, but those darn hoses are stuck... If you know of a
good way to get them off, that'd be cool too..

Thanks.

Rich
----
'66, 302-4bbl, Granada disk brakes, etc, etc...

G

·
You want to use a non-power assist MC from a 1974 Ford Maverick. Bolts right in!! Hope this helps!! If you want power, let me know, MustangSteve has a great set up for cheap!!!

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

G

·
Just make sure that the 74 master cylinder doesn't come with the pushrod installed.It is about an inch longer and is a PITA to remove.

67 Coupe
69 Mach 1
84 GT Convertible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts