Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just read something that got me confused. When I tried to align my 65 fastback with 289 Manual steering, they not only could get the caster and camber set but also the TOE in or out. So I already got suggestions for the caster and camber (montecarlo bar and export brace) However, when I first tried to align the car they ran out of threads on the TIE RODS and still was not within specs. So as far of know history on the car, I know they had recently done the conversion to granada disks. Do you guys think that they have not put tie rod ends and sleeves for granada spindles? Because I just read on another post from yesterday that it was necessery to use gradana's OUTER TIE RODS and slevees in orther to get with in specs?
Is there any way to visualy identify weather they did granada TIE RODS or stangs?

thanks so much...

joey

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Mustang tie rods have a different angle on the ball joint stud and won't fit right in the Granada spindle. If they didn't use Granada tie rods you need to fix that.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
When I did my conversion I had to cut some of the sleeve off because I couldn't get the wheels to turn outward far enough. Not sure if buying the Granada sleeves amkes any difference or not. So for the toe in I would say someone may have cut to much from the sleeves leaving you with very little adjustment.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year for the granada sleeves and TIE rods should I put on?

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
I used the 77 granada outer tie rods and sleeves (got the sleeves from the salvage yard when I got the rotors,etc...
I also had to cut about 1 inch off the outer tie rods because they are longer than the mustang one's they are replacing, but check it first and see. Do your measurements before undoing anything. The granada tie rods are bigger than the mustang. You could get the parts person to set them side by side and let you see the difference, then check your car's tie rods before buying anything. good luck. :D

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Thats my suggestion

Use the granada tie rod ends (outer) and size them to the mustang tie rod ends. Cut off the difference.

Measure once, cut twice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts