Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at some info for this swap and came across this. Is this true regarding the strut rod? If so, how hard is this to do?

"Yes it will fit 65-66, it's just that it is an easier bolt on to 67-73's. 65-66's original rims will not fit over the hubs of the rotors, but they can be turned down to fit. You may also have to trim the end of your strut rod to keep your turning radius. The Granada spindles are a little thicker so they hit the end of the strut rod so it keeps your wheels from going all the way left or right."

Thanks

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had to remove some metal from the end of the strut rod in order to get the full turning radius.No big problem.I used the 5 lug rims from the donor car until I bought the TT2'S,so I can't say how the stock mustang rims will work with the other hubs.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yes, but I did not have to remove metal from the strut rod, but the steering stop that bolts to the top of the rod that bolts to the LCA.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hmmmmm. I didn't have to do any of that with mine. Strut rod fitment was just right and the steering seems to have a tight turning radius. :: I've had two sets of aftermarket 14" rims on there also and they fit and clear just fine. I did hear the styled wheels will not fit over the calipers without a little trimming.

Mine fit just like they were made for the stang...hope I'm right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts