Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just picked up my 15" Styled steel wheels w/ p235/60's on them...they fit and look great on the back, but on the front, the bolt pattern lines up perfectly but the wheel will not slide on very far at all...i think the center hub part of the rotor is preventing them from sliding all the way on. I have the granada front disc conversion, and im pretty sure these rotors are the problem. Do I have any options here? Will the magnum 500's fit any better? Am I out of luck?

Thanks,
Dustin

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
The snouts on the Granada rotors are larger than stock. Magnums will work, but you can also take your rotors down to the machine shop and have the snout turned down to a smaller diameter. Take a wheel along, so they can make sure they take off just enough so the wheels will clear.

This is a typical modification for those that want to run the styled steel wheels with Granada disc's.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, yes!

finally some good news :)

Thanks a ton,

Dustin

G

·
0 Posts
I too have used the Granada rotors and did not realize the snouts had to be turned down in order to use the SSW's. I thought if you went to the 15" size as opposed to 14" you were fine.

Question: Does this "turn down" effort still apply to other wheels as well? My second choice would be the V45's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts