Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 68 coupe that was originally a 302/toploader/manual drum brake equipped car. The previous owner did what I think was the granada disc swap up front, and added power brakes while he was at it. I am not sure if the booster in there is the granada one or not. From the service manual, it looks simmilar to the mustang booster. I would like to yank the thing out so that I can detail the engine compartment. However, I can't seem to decipher what the service manual says because it only seem to address the falcon, fairlane and montego?

I can get to the point of disconnecting the booster pushrod from the brake pedal underneath the dash. I found one bolt in the engine bay that looks like it was holding the booster to the firewall. Where are the other bolts/nuts? Are they the ones that are only accessible from inside the car? I could just try unbolting things, but it looks like enough of a pain that I don't want to have to undo things that I don't need to.

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
The nuts to remove to unbolt the booster are under the dash

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
There are 4 nuts under the dash that hold the booster. They are spaced around the hole in the firewall that the brake pedal rod goes through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts