Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read that 14" Magnums may not fit on a granada swap I was wondering if anyone who has done the swap knows if this is true or not?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know, I really need to know this info.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It depends on the size of the center hole of the Mag 500s. The Granada spindle's snout is a bit bigger than the vintage Mustang ones (1969 and before) so you would need to either enlarge the rim's center hole or turn down the spindle. For later year or repro Mag 500s, you SHOULD be ok since they were made to fit a wide variety of vehicles, but I'm not completely sure. Sorry I can't help more.
Daniel

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's ok I think the ones I am looking at are a remake, I really hope I can fit them.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
14" rims are iffy on granada brakes. I've heard there are some that will fit, but I have Granada brakes on my car and couldn't get my original 14" rims over the Granada brake caliper. I can't say if 14" magnums will work or not, but 14" rims in general are not usually a good fit with this swap.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I ran 15x7 inch magnums on a granada swap, the inner portion of the rim was hitting/rubbing the caliper - I had to run a 1/4 inch spacer for clearance - you might have to run a spacer depending on the size of the rim you are using.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts