Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I hope to go but it just may be juat a day trip there and back. If I do that, I will probably drive the Chebbie to reduce travel time. I would like to see what a MCA Grand National is all about. It should be a great place to get some good photos for engine detailing and what not.

Too soon to tell.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
We are going, already signed up in the street driven class, I look forward to it!
Randy

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hi guys and gals, I'm not really in the Chitown region (100+ miles south) but am posting here in an attempt to locate any "K" cars that may be headed to Springfield so that we can get our cars parked together. If you are bringing your "K" and anticipate being there sometime Friday please contact me! I can be reached either via the email in my profile or by cell phone at (217) 202-2609.

Merlyn

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Better pull some strings. The show flyer said that the cars will be parked in the order that they arrive. I will arrive Friday, don't know what time. Likely around 4-5 PM.
I too, would love to be parked around some old stuff, not 2004 "show cars".

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Better pull some strings. The show flyer said that the cars will be parked in the order that they arrive. I will arrive Friday, don't know what time. Likely around 4-5 PM.
I too, would love to be parked around some old stuff, not 2004 "show cars".
I am trying to organize a meeting before entering the show so we can enter and park together...

·
Registered
76 Posts
If there is one day that should NOT be missed is it Saturday or Sunday???? I plan on drivng down from Shorewood just for one day.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd say do Saturday. Sunday has a Brunch, awards, and head for home.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More news: I'm in, got my entry confirmation today.

In other news: Forgot, this is MCA, if entering, better have a fire extinquisher, handy. They are checking it on your way in.
It's a "rolling" registration. Whatever that means, other than they don't want you screwing around looking for your F.E., so have that ready. (don't lock it in the trunk)
No parking for trailers at the show. Gotta leave it down the street. Plan ahead.
Tailered cars will be in approximatly the same area.
If you want to park together, entrer the car show registration lane together.
There will be a 40 years of Mustangs aisle. ( 1 from each year: 64 1/2 to 2004)
There is parking for 464 cars, then they will fill the aisles.
Host Hotel is FULL, there are others. Many restaurants are close (within walking distance.)

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Looks like I'm going to go! ::

Jody and I will drive down on Saturday Morning (early) and stay all day
once we get there. I have a friend in the Springfield area who is going
to let us stay Saturday night.

I don't think my car will be ready yet, but it might be. Even so, I don't think
I would want to take my first trip with the new paint all the way to
Springfield. So look for the green truck!

Try to wear your Chicago Vintage Mustang Club T Shirts so that we can find
each other!

Anyone familiar with the setup around there? Maybe someone can suggest a good
spot to meet up.

-Zim

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm all signed up, but can't bring the car. Something came up and I can't leave until 2PM, so I'm going anyway, but I'll probably leave the car at home. Don't want to be driving it under that much pressure, so I'll just go to have a good time and walk around. Staying at the host hotel.

Jack

·
Registered
879 Posts
Unfortunatly we can't go. :( We can't be gone that long. We will be taking the convert down to Godley for their show Sat. night. Maybe all the good cars will be down in Springfield and we can win something by default. :p
Hope you all have a great time and get some good picts.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
SWMBO and I are going, I'll be wearing my VMF t-shirt but I don't have a Chicago one yet.

·
Registered
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I posted this on Bobs post in the main forum too:

Cozy Dog, the hot dog on a stick that IS NOT a corn dog.
Is at 2938 So. Sixth street (old Route 66).
right close to the show. 8-8 Mon-Sat. closed Sundays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts