Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While putting my car in the garage today and elderly lady walked up to me and asked me if I would take a picture of her standing by my car. Nothing really new about this it happens to many guys with Mustangs and hotrods in general. What caught my attention was when I aked her if she was a Mustang fan she replied, "I just wish I could get that sound". I guess Flowmasters and a healthy cam beats lawerence Welk any day.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
"In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones [because] . . . They are so grateful!!" -- Ben Franklin, 1745

·
Registered
688 Posts
That sound she was longing for probably stirred something in her she had not felt in a while.Did she have a special gleam in her eyes?

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Always take a woman with Experience ;)

(Of course I mean Mustang experience.... LOL)

·
Premium Member
14,226 Posts
180 Out said:
"In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones [because] . . . They are so grateful!!" -- Ben Franklin, 1745
in Franklin's time an old woman was probably 35.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While Raquel Welch at any age would be on my list, Grandma wasn't her to say the least. I thought it was really unusual that somebody of her age actually liked the sound of my car. Quiet it ain't.

·
Registered
67 coupe with 302/C4 and a 69 Sportsroof with 351w
434 Posts
Actually, my mother, now in her 60's liked the sound of my 67 with glasspacks. Her first car was a 57 Fairlane with glasspacks--wrecked when my uncle hit a cow with it.

My dad on the other hand, said it was too loud.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts