Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This link was sent to me from mstngjoe:
http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/carbs/carbs.htm

I found the article extremely interesting, especially in that the Edelbrock 750cfm was no real improvement over their 600cfm, and that the Quadrojet actually had the most torque. I have always been a Quadrojet fan, so really found that most interesting.

I just thought I'd share it with others, since Joe was kind enough to point me at it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Good stuff, should be required reading. Bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would like to say....
"results may vary"
After just bolting on a 600 edelbrock, a 750 holley, and lastly a edelbrock 750.....I can tell you on MY car the edelbrock 750 runs best.
"results may vary" ::

·
Registered
201 Posts
After just bolting on a 600 edelbrock, a 750 holley, and lastly a edelbrock 750.....I can tell you on MY car the edelbrock 750 runs best.
I went throught the exact same progression with the same results. Edelbrock 750 runs the best. If I could just get it to idle...

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Very Artical. It should dispell some rumors and miss information on a certain brand of carburetor! ;)
All I will say is I love mine. I have 3!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've had a 500, 600 and a 750 Edelbrock on my 347, and just by way of seat of the pants (and burn rubber!!!) the 750 ran much, much better than the smaller two carbs.

Of course, my 650 Holley blows all of the Edlebrocks away ::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts