Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So Here is the baby i want soo bad, it is my great grandpas 1965 Mustang, all original. He bought this off the lot brand spankin new in 65 and here it is. I cannot wait to inherit it but im hoping i can purchase it from him and get it sooner then expected! Anyways i had to share since the suspense is killing me!

What do you all think?

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
That car looks great!!! It is really cool when you know the original owner and he's in you family!!! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1970 mustang said:
That car looks great!!! It is really cool when you know the original owner and he's in you family!!! ;)
Thank you, and i couldnt agree more with having the original owner in the family!

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I hope you buy it rather than inherit it. If you inherit it, it's because.....well, you know.... ;) .....sweet car, anyway. Nice to know it's a one owner car.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
the car looks awesome.. honestly though, appreciate the time you have with your grandpa while you can.. thats whats most important.. the car, well it is a very nice original mustang but its still just a car...

not meaning to tell you what your business is here...

·
Administrator
19,525 Posts
Looks like a keeper to me! :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I totally agree, definatly family first!!! The stang is beautiful and will always remain in the family! :)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Nice car. I used to have a 66 in Springtime yellow that looked just like your Grandpa's car.

You might want to change your signature from "I have the classic itch" to "I have an itch for a classic." It sounds a little like your medical history...if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
:thumbup: Nice looking car!

If I was you I would ask your grandfather and father to tell you all the stories they have concerning the car. Seeing how it's been in the family all these years does you grandfather still have any of the original paperwork? If so I would put them into page protectors and then into a binder for safe keeping. Additionally somewhere inside that car maybe under the carpet, dash, or under a seat, or inside it there sould be a build sheet from the factory. Another piece of documentation that would be really cool to find and show off someday. I would also get some pics of your grandfather, father, and yourself all standing next to it. Your a lucky guy and I hope that you get it someday.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
+1 for the suggestions from Robert. I agree with everything except being a lucky guy, I believe she is a lucky gal.

I would also suggest that you ask your grandpa for any and all pictures that have the Mustang in it and copy them. Maybe you could start scrap booking now while he is still around to enjoy it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Robert65FB said:
:thumbup: Nice looking car!

If I was you I would ask your grandfather and father to tell you all the stories they have concerning the car. Seeing how it's been in the family all these years does you grandfather still have any of the original paperwork? If so I would put them into page protectors and then into a binder for safe keeping. Additionally somewhere inside that car maybe under the carpet, dash, or under a seat, or inside it there sould be a build sheet from the factory. Another piece of documentation that would be really cool to find and show off someday. I would also get some pics of your grandfather, father, and yourself all standing next to it. Your a lucky guy and I hope that you get it someday.
Definatly!!! I will have to start asking him while he is still here! Im sure there are a few good stories about the stang, although he left it garaged mostly!

ZFORCE said:
Nice car. I used to have a 66 in Springtime yellow that looked just like your Grandpa's car.

You might want to change your signature from "I have the classic itch" to "I have an itch for a classic." It sounds a little like your medical history...if you know what I mean.
Thank you, i changed the sig, now im no longer sick..LOL Yeah the color is growing on me, i definatly like it and want to keep it as original as possible. With minor upgrades in the future!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ZFORCE said:
+1 for the suggestions from Robert. I agree with everything except being a lucky guy, I believe she is a lucky gal.

I would also suggest that you ask your grandpa for any and all pictures that have the Mustang in it and copy them. Maybe you could start scrap booking now while he is still around to enjoy it!

Thanks for clarifying that!!! When i first registered here that was one of the comments i got! LOL I definatly need to document the car more, while i have time with my great grandpa and the car. Great idea Zforce, thank you! :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Your grandpa's car is nice but the car in your sig is ridiculous! I love that car and I'm not a fan of white. I want a new GT so bad... Almost forgot to add, I was LMAO at "I have the classic itch".
Grant

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
May your Granpa be around for a long time and may you continue the tradition of a well kept classic.

·
Registered
713 Posts
How old are you Stephanie? If the 65 is your great grandpa's Mustang, then I will assume you are in your early teens. If not, then I apologize for what I am about to say. Do not, under any circumstances, drive that classic Mustang until you are well into your 20's and have enough driving experience to be able to drive that old dinosaur.

·
VMF Full-Timer
3,823 Posts
Gingerstang said:
How old are you Stephanie? If the 65 is your great grandpa's Mustang, then I will assume you are in your early teens. If not, then I apologize for what I am about to say. Do not, under any circumstances, drive that classic Mustang until you are well into your 20's and have enough driving experience to be able to drive that old dinosaur.
It states that she is 24, below her avatar (or lack there of)

·
Registered
713 Posts
24? Then I stand corrected and I aplogize for assuming the teenager mindset. It just doesn't seem possible for a 24 year old person to have a great grandpa still alive. Good for him, and may he still have lots of cool evening drives on the back roads with his gorgeous 1965 Springtime yellow Mustang coupe.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've been wondering why you're so sure that you'll inherit it. It's your great grandpa, so that means there are his kid(s), grand kid(s), and then you. I'm guessing you've been told you're getting it since you've got the Mustang disease. I think that I would pass it along while I'm still alive so that I can see my chosen one enjoy it and let everyone else see my approval by my decision to let it go.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Your grandpa's stang looks great. My F/B was originally the springtime yellow like your grandpa's,but i would give up my F/B if it would bring any of my family members back to me(it's just a car!) Enjoy your grandpa's company(thats priceless!!!)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts