Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Santa Catalina Mountains near my house are on fire again, probably from lightning strikes. Now tonight, there's a big storm and the wind has whipped up the smoke so you can't see much of the range. And, to make it worse, it's coming in my house through the a/c and other openings. It's so bad, I went outside to make sure my house wasn't on fire. Not fun!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Laurie, I live off Tanque Verde, so I know exactly what you're talking about. We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner, on Wilmot, and you could smell the wood burning from INSIDE the restaurant! Hopefully the rain helps to put it out. It would really be too bad if the mountain burned up like Mt. Lemon did a few years ago.

·
Administrator
19,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was so bad last night that my eyes were burning and I was choking from it. But by 10 pm the wind shifted around and it cleared up in the house. I've never smelled it that bad from fires up there. And, it was too hot to turn off the a/c. As of last night, it was a 2,000-acre fire at Reddington Pass. I hope they get it out soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts