Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a couple of months ago about a stolen '69 Boss 302, that was taken from my hometown sometime in the beginning of October. I know the owner, and I know he was devastated about the loss.

Great news!, the car has been found and it seems to be intact. The car was found in northern Arizona two days ago. I know the owner is absolutely in heaven. He had settled with the insurance company and was ready to buy another one, when the call came. The insurance company took the check back so the title didn't have to go to them. I was sure this car was in Mexico somewhere, I'm so glad it was recovered :). A neighbor of the person who had it saw the stolen ad in one of the automotive magazines and checked the VIN while the person was away. I'm sure he'll enjoy the 5K reward that was offered for it!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
But what happened to the scum bag that had it???? :pissed:

·
Administrator
19,524 Posts
Wow, that's terrific! Amazing that it didn't go to Mexico. :highfive:

·
Registered
311 Posts
i'm usually on the side of the outlaw when it comes to the law, but stealing a mustang is right up there with stealing a baby!!!!!
i hope the judge takes into account how special the car is and throws the book at the scumbag. that ain't no honda civic he stole for pete's sake!

·
Registered
311 Posts
damn, busted. in mustang years, young.
i wasn't exactly referring to bank robberies or murder though, more like speeding tickets and reckless exhibition of speed.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
more like speeding tickets and reckless exhibition of speed.
Well....now I feel better. :no:

Sounds like another classic heading for the scrap heap...that is short after you get it running. :wall:

·
Registered
311 Posts
come on now, take it easy on us yungins old timer!
i know it's a revolutionary idea for us children to want to drive our mustangs fast, but try to cut us some slack, we don't know any better till at least puberty. I'm sure when we're old and grey we'll be right there with you driving our cars in the fast lane at 45 mph with the turn indicator forever blinking.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Now fight nice Children

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Don't get me wrong...I like to drive fast. Have you ever hit 150 in a street car?? I have... 69 Coronet RT 440 magnum w factory ram air. But, I know something you don't....there is a time and a place for everything, AND...I have a respect for this old iron....you likey will have to take out something, or someone to bust your cockiness down to size. :winkgrin:

·
Registered
493 Posts
So, Hows the weather where you are??? Its great here in California... ::AHHHHHEEEEMMM::
Glad to hear the BOSS was recovered, and possibly unharmed

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Same here! Great driving weather! In fact, I had the 68 coupe out to work today, while SWMBO drove the SVO, very nice day ;). Yes, he's lucky he got it back, I was sure it was down south, probably put on a ship and somewhere in Europe by now. I guess getting a car like that across the border checkpoints and not get noticed might be a bit tough.

You gotta agree this is a funny line, LOL : "I'm sure when we're old and grey we'll be right there with you driving our cars in the fast lane at 45 mph with the turn indicator forever blinking."

Hehe, good one young one ;).

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Anyway....sorry about the side track. :rolleyes: It is good to hear he got it back, I remember when you posted this, as it was shortly after a Boss 302 car was stolen from the nearby Oregon area, and a local VMFer posted a lookout for it. It's a sad day when someones pride and joy, and often love of labor, gets ripped by some punks.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I hope that one in Oregon is found as well. No problem with the side track, it was entertaining :).

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
"I'm sure when we're old and grey we'll be right there with you driving our cars in the fast lane at 45 mph with the turn indicator forever blinking."
HEY, I resemble that remark! :winkgrin:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Mark!

Good to hear from you!
Thanks for the help in other websites about the car.. I'm sure the owner owes you for the help!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts