Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When searching through wrecking yards, you may spot a mustang part that is lying loose or miss labeled. For example one time, I SPOTTED this pristine mustang gas tank sitting on top of an oil drum, marked in yellow paint COMET.
How much for the tank? The reply was 10 dollars.
Bought it on the spot. No way was I going to tell him it fit a mustang.
So last week while trying to come up with some original 66 wipers and arms I ran across a real nice filler tube that last place I was at wanted 25 dollars for. This thing had 5 year of dirt on it,
So I walked out of there with 2 beautiful sets wipers and arms and a dirty pipe for 20 buck. Dont tell them its for a mustang if you can help it! I get the impression that some of these guys think the stuff is gold. One place wanted 400 for a 66 differential.

G

·
0 Posts
I agree , it pays to do your homework. I recently cleaned out a few used parts vendors of all of there radiator fans. These fans are for a 70 CJ/SCJ that some mustang places are selling for 300-350 a pop. I paid about 200.00 for 4 of them. I've been trading the extras for other parts I need and figure to be about 500.00 ahead of the game.

70 SCJ R-CODE MACH 1
88 GT

G

·
0 Posts
It is great that you got the better end of the deal! It is always good to be heads up about things and measure everything up before telling!

G

·
0 Posts
I bought an original 65 R model gas tank for 20 bucks in 1980. The guy said it was
nuthin special it was just two tank bottoms stuck together. I just paid the 20 bucks
and went on my way. It has been sold.
jimbo

M.C.A.# 50000
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1575692&a=11979479&p=43366578&Sequence=7&res=high.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
Pretty good. Every time I go to the junk yard, they usually ask what part I have. I respond " It's a (whatever I have), from a Pinto"!! Hasn't failed yet!! hehehe

65 coupe 302
(rebuilding a 351W)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts