Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually use the good old green stuff. But how about that orange stuff that is out there. It is labeled extended life. It looks good to drink /forums/images/icons/smile.gif But how about for my radiator?

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I prefer neither unless I'm going somewhere that it gets cold. In So Fla, I just use distilled water with the rust inhibiter and pump lubricant. Pure water cools better and distilled leaves no minerals or junk in the cooling tubes!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I heard from a guy that used the orange stuff in a 85 chevy and it really mess things up.I think the orange is made for newer cars.Tony

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I have used both in my Mach..the orange is supposed to last longer..either one will be fine..I have had no trouble with the orange..but I sure do like the green color better...*LOL*..Take your pick

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not sure if this is the stuff you are referring to, but I know that some of antifreeze formulated for newer cars can be hard on gaskets in our old engines; at least that's what I've heard from a couple sources.

G

·
0 Posts
I am not an expert on this , but I'd be willing to bet that using the orange stuff would not harm your car any more than the green stuff would. I have green in my GTO, green in my GMC, but the Mustang I have the orange.The only thing I don't like about the orange is: I always think of rust when I look in the radiator.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replys. The green stuff is cheaper so i guess I will use that. I also forgot to mention this will be for my 96 Ranger. In my Mustang I only use distilled water and Water Wetter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts