Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally!!! I know Greenlight was producing some '68 coupes but could never found one, until tonight. The best thing is I found the Brittany Blue coupe! I have been waiting for years to have a coupe model so I am very happy to finally have one. Just a few modifications to match my coupe and it will be ready to go!
BTW, has anyone taken one apart before, I would like to paint the interior?

http://www.greenlighttoys.com/assets/images/products/68_mustang_gtcoupe_18web.jpg

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have an acapulco blue 68 gt/cs from greenlight in the same size... you'll love it. I have a ton of mustangs from their 1:64 runs also!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Cant wait to see what you do to it.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JoeM said:
Cant wait to see what you do to it.
Thanks Joe, now I just have to figure out how to take it apart so I can paint the interior!

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found mine at Meijer, a local store here in Mid West. But I believe the Greenlight site should tell you were else to get them. I also found a red one at a local hobby store, so there are a few here and there.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I haven't takem mine appart yet, but looking at the underside of the model, there appear to be 4 screws to take out in order to start taking it appart.

I need to take mine appart in order to fix the dashboard. When it was put together the dash wasn't set in right so the guages and dash pad are pointing down.

Is anyone elses like that?

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PARAGON said:
I haven't takem mine appart yet, but looking at the underside of the model, there appear to be 4 screws to take out in order to start taking it appart.

I need to take mine appart in order to fix the dashboard. When it was put together the dash wasn't set in right so the guages and dash pad are pointing down.

Is anyone elses like that?

I tried to take it apart and removed the 4 screws but it will not come apart in the rear of the car? I have not really tried too hard yet, did not want to break it! When I get a chance I will try it again. One of the doors is a bit loose so I need to fix that also.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well this weekend I tried taking mine appart to fix the dash . . . And you are right, there is definately something holding the rear of the car in place. I noticed that under the rear axel by the leaf springs there looks to be 2 possible screw locations, but how you get to them with the entire rear suspension . . . I have no idea.

So for my efforts, I managed to knock loose the entire pully assym. off the front of the engine, and haven't managed to get it back into place. So for now I set them in the truck untill I can take the time to properly get them back in place . . . my model is one step closer to looking like my car.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to hear somethings broke on the car, I will try again to see if I can take mine apart without breaking too many things!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I found two each of the red 68 GT and the green/white top 68 tonight (well three red ones, I bought one). Funny thing was, I saw the sign for the place ("Die Cast City") and wondered if they had one. I walked in and they told me they were closing on Jan 31st after 11 years in business. I never even knew the store was there. Lucky me.

I'm wondering if I should have bought another one. They had a whole bunch of fastbacks in many flavors, Bosses, Machs, etc. Those were the only coupes though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Big B,

Rule of thumb... Buy three (If you can find them). One to keep in the package, one to trade for whatever and one to break open and display...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts