Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm totally new to this by the way, be gentle with me, ha ha. Just bought my First American muscle car, 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback 289 with 5 speed Tremec, Edelbrock Performer everything, Jaguar disc brakes etc. Me and my missus go to America every year for our holidays...love it! I'm not up on PCs but I have tried to build a web site to show off my pride and joy. www.charles.farquhar.btinternet.co.uk

Cheers,Charlie

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I'm not too far away , over in Dublin, Ireland. There are a few folks from the UK on here so your not alone. Very cool machine you've got.

Oh, and since your new, i should inforum you its all downhill from here. Say goodbye to all your money /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gary

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Welcome to the greatest Mustang Forum on the internet!
My Daughter was in Scotland last summer. She really likes your country.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
welcome - you will find us kind and forgiving in the most part. did a couple weeks in southern Scotland (out of Carlisle sp?) while my son was living in Harrogate - beautiful country.
don't be shy about questions on Forum.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Welcome from California! This forum is a gold mine of Mustang expertise and general knowledge, with members hailing from down under, Europe (like yourself), South America and many other parts of the globe, all connected by our love of old (fast) Mustangs. It's a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can never have enough members exchanging ideas/info. Great car, wonderful color.

·
Registered
884 Posts
What city are you in. I am a Scot I just don't live there. My wife's folk are from Aberdeen and Elie. My ancestors left Edenburgh in 1653. Hope to visit next summer. The last time I was there I just couldn't get used to how long the days were.

If you like mustangs this is the place to be.

Don

·
Registered
518 Posts
Welcome to the greatest forum on earth. You have a beautiful car there. It's what we all strive for.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I hosted this high school student and hard rocker from Burntisland, Fife. Doc Martins and all. She was 17 and a bundle of trouble...always testing me and seeing what my limits were...bridge jumping, yeah! Shes a real active type and climbs a lot of those bens over there. She's also climbed in the Alps and in Nepal (been to the base camp for climbing Mt. Everest). A real character she. We're still in touch, she works for some techie company in England right now, aye!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Welcome to the VMF, that truly IS a beautiful fastback you have there! A friend of mine from Hamburg ,Germany, was here in the states last month and was so impressed by a 65 fastback he saw here that he bought it the day before he went back home. Now we're just working out the details for shipping it over there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your kind words everybody! It's true to say since I bought my Mustang I've never been so happy & stressed and skint at the same time!
Don I am about 50 miles south of Aberdeen and 20 miles north of Dundee in a little town called Arbroath where the Declaration of Independance was signed in 1320! How's about that for a history lesson? I noticed you live in Scottsdale. I have been there 5 times and I love it, the people are so friendly. Me and my missus flew into Phoenix back in April and had a wonderful time driving round Arizona. In September we are flying into Washington DC for a couple of weeks. That is where all our money goes....the US of A, and my US of A Mustang. I think I qualify for an honorary passport.

Cheers,Charlie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts