1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can you please plainly state what the blah blah blah says about this PCV valve?
Also, how much is this billet device?
Thanks.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I participated in a group buy for the valve a while back. You can tell the difference as you are tuning it. Most people don't even know they have the wrong valve installed. Or blame their problems on the carb or ignition system.

Reactions: 66Ccode

·
Registered
855 Posts
I would participate, but I purchased one this winter. It works so much better than all the different PCV valves I tested. Pricey yes, but worth it in my view.

·
Registered
334 Posts
"...Patented design (US Pat. No. 9,376,945) features CNC machined internal passages and completely redesigned flow path specifically for street driven high performance applications. Airflow is completely adjustable, and can be set to accommodate a wide variety of engine combinations."

So the deal is that you can adjust the airflow -- likely by screwing in increased restriction.
Hmmm, is this really a thing?
How much is it?
Would a hose with a brass ball valve accomplish the same thing -- but, of course, it's not "billet".
Cost of brass ball valve, about $8.

Matter of fact, on recollection, I once did this on a 1960 Lincoln (the ball valve thing). Allowed me to tone down the vacuum pulled by the manifold.

·
Registered
390 Posts
No offense, but I don’t see how this will help my stock mustang. Am I really going to get better performance or better mileage? Is there some more data without the fancy words?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The price before discount is $129. That's some big money for a PCV!

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Registered
35,272 Posts
Has anyone used AFR's PCV valve? It appears that the "guts" are retained by a snap ring and, if so, the potential for adjustability would seem to be there...

·
Registered
887 Posts
I got one more than a year ago (maybe 2 ?) the last time we did a group buy, Sorry I have not driven the car enough since then to give an opinion on it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
My first impression is... "WTH !?!... Hmmm, interesting...maybe..."

Thinking out loud. This seems like it would only be useful for modified engines that do not have a particular non-adjustable PCV valve that "fits" the modified vacuum profile. I would think that for stock and near-stock engines the PCV that has already been spec'ed for them would be sufficient. It would also seem that to determine if you "needed" one of these adjustable valves that you could temporarily disconnect your existing value and plug the carb PCV port. Drive around a bit. And see if there is enough noticeable difference to possibly warrant $129. Also, it would seem like another "solution" would be just to add a draft tube and be done with it - of course, that is not quite as eco-friendly a solution.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Hmmm , I could put this on the shelf for when I install my tri-power......
Do I really need it?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There’s a few here including me that have one and they do work well and after adjusted like you are supposed to you will see the difference. So after the discount there $96.75 each. I’m going to get another one anyway and just wanted to see if any of you are interested so we all can get a discount. If your not interested that fine no harm to ask. If will benefit a stock motor but more so a modified motor with a larger cam and compression. It does come with a pair of springs for adjusting for some with a larger cam if needed.. So if you want one send me a private message and we will see if we can do the group buy..

·
Registered
780 Posts
I opted for some factory engineering when I build my 347" and brought the cheap stock replacements valves for the Boss 302 and Z-28. Can't remember which I used, but both of those engines run pretty low vacuum stock from the factory. I believe a stock Boss run 12 in. Hg at idle and the Z-28 even lower.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts