Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent two hours this morning washing and detailing my F-250, and it looked soooo nice. Then I went over to Chuck's house to help him with his GT/CS and to get my trailer ready. It was so hot and humid today, you almost had to be drinking water constantly. At one point, I looked at the thermometer in his garage and it was 110 degrees! But, we got all our work done, including putting some custom decals on our truck hoods (7.3L RAM AIR) and more running pony decals on my trailer.

Then, we hooked up my trailer and I brought it home behind my nice, clean truck. Then....it started raining, major lightning, and wind. We received more than an inch of rain. I hate to go out and look at my truck tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
It must have been hotter there than in Mesa today. After reading your post, I got to wondering what will happen to those decals that were applied in 110* weather when winter rolls around? Will that have any effect on them?

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, they'll be fine, they're baked on hard now. I'll probably put some wax over the ones on the hood tomorrow (after washing the truck again). After an hour sitting in the sun they were dried out, the last of the air bubbles came out, and they look terrific. ::

K

·
0 Posts
Yeah bad weather here too....well yesterday. It slightly rained with thunder and lightening.....in August.......in Califronia!!!!!! Not right.

But today it was back to normal....low 80s, blue sky, sun cool evenings...ahhhhhhhhhh. ::

·
Administrator
19,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can have it, believe me, I've had enough here!

·
Registered
466 Posts
RAIN!!!! you wanna hear about rain.... yesterday here in boise, it rained 1.5 inches atleast in about 15 mins, there was a stream running down the road about 1.5 inches deep, and spots on the drag track i was at had 3 to 4 inches and in a town near by they saw a funnel cloud form and start swirling for a tornado, we havnt had one in the boise area since a few months before i was born almost 20 years ago. raining so hard ppl's wind shield wipers couldnt keep up to see out the front window.

·
4,129 Posts
Well Miss Laurie you need to take a minute and read this post by John68. Oh and do you need some cheese with that whine? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-034.gif fd

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
I echo those feelings!

August of every year I start getting pretty grumpy. We've by now had about 3 mos of really hot weather, and it won't really get "cool" until November.... ::

I was prepping the fastback for shipping yesterday for just about 30 mins, and I was constantly wiping sweat out of my eyes. You can bet there was some grumbling under the breath ! :eek: ::

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
RAIN, Did someone say RAIN?
I havn't seen that liquid substance since the end of June :: It's so dry here just a walk out to the mailbox kicks up a monster dust storm :D

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Its hot here...every day. :p No change from the same old, same old...dog days of summer. ::

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Rain, we forgot what that looks like around here. Its so dry around here that most farm ponds are just puddles (the ones that are not dust now). Lets see if your Ford truck is powerful enough for you to latch onto some of those rain clouds and tow them our way :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Here on the north coast it was as perfect a day as I've seen in many a moon! Highs in the mid 70s and sunny and then nice and cool in the evening... ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! :: :: ::

1 - 17 of 17 Posts