Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad called me today, says he found a 67 GT/CS thats a very solid south carolina car.. Price is $3500.. What are your thoughts? Hes going tomorrow to take a better look, snap some pics and get me a VIN #.

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Well, they didn't make a 67 GT/cs, they DID make a 68 though. That's the first thing I'd check into.
And Don't lay any money down unless you see the Marti report if it turns out to be a 68 (they look alike). The Marti report will say whether or not it is a valid GT/cs

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sorry my typo!! He said 68 but I had just finished looking at 67 info when I typed... had 67 on the brain. Its a 1968 GT/CS. Supposedly very original and very solid.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If it is a solid original GT/CS $3500 sounds like a great price. Just make sure all the special parts are there. The original fog lights and other special parts can get really expensive to replace.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Where at in SC? I'm in SC. Don't worry, I'm not interested. Just wondered how close, I might be able to look at it for you.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
somewhere in the Myrtle Beach area.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Here's a couple of quick things to seperate the wheat from the chafe

All vin #s begin with 8R01

Consecutive numbers start at 118,000 and continue to 172,117.

There was never a 302 2V available.

Look at the tail light panel from inside the trunk.
Does it look factory?
Are the holes in the sheet metal hacked or nice and round. If they're round, does it look recently replaced?
Does the wiring look factory? It's REAL hard to duplicate that. You'll know.

The balance of info you can get from the Cal Special website. http://www.californiaspecial.com/gallery.htm

Lucas lamps are going for about 350-500 bucks. Marcals are hen's teeth.

Any Questions, you can PM me.

Dan

·
Registered
219 Posts
Another thing to look for is the original wiring harness for the rear tail lights. Do not have the part number here with me, but llok closely at it for originality.

Also check for the original fog light brackets under the front grill corral area.

Joe P.
1968 GT/CS Original, at one time :')

1 - 9 of 9 Posts